Telstra today announced it is partnering with the market leader in entertainment streaming devices, Roku to develop the new device, called Telstra TV, specifically for Australian consumers.
Telstra TV Powered by Roku will be available for purchase in October 2015 with plans to offer customers the three leading subscription video on demand services in Australia, Presto, Stan and Netflix. In addition to subscription video apps and a selection of TV catch up services, the device will also feature exclusive entertainment and the latest new release movies from BigPond Movies, Australia’s leading online movie store.
Roku, Inc. is a privately held company located in Saratoga, California founded in 2002 by Anthony Wood, the inventor of the digital video recorder (DVR). Rook is a market leader in streaming entertainment devices for the TV with millions of units sold across the world.
Roku vision has always believed that anything you want to watch, lisen to, and enjoy should simply be there on your TV, whenever you want it. Roku streaming players are renowned for their simplicity, variety of entertainment choices, and exceptional value.
Key Product Features
- Speed – Roku’s fastest processor to date
- Apps – Access to a huge range of local and international content
- Video & Audio Support – 720p/1080p HD and Dolby Digital 7.1
- Connectivity – 802.11n dual band wireless or 10/100 Ethernet Port
- Remote – Infrared (IR) Remote with quick replay button
- Extra Storage – MicroSD slot and USB port for additional storage
- Mobile Integration – Support screen mirroring with Mirracast and 2nd screen ‘casting’ with Netflix and Youtube
- Processor – Dual Arm A9 1Ghz Processor 32KB L1 Cache
- RAM – 512MB DRAM
- Storage – 256MB Flash NAND
- Ports – HDMI 1.4, USB 2.0, MicroSD Slot,
- Remote – Roku Standard infrared (IR) Remote with 2x AAA batteries
- Other Inclusions – Power Adapter, 1.5m HDMI Cable