30 August, 2005
Some highlights to the talk below;
• Children today are the first generation to know more, technologically, than their parents. This world of accelerated technology is one they feel very comfortable with.
• There is a steady increase in the use of the Internet by children, but also an increase in the use of mobile communications.
• We know they are masters of multi-tasking and they actively use these devices, either all or a selection thereof at the same time. Children understand non-linear communication, they are interdisciplinary, technologically affluent, accustomed to control and thrive on change. They lead multimedia lives.
• Kids live a double life and this is just the beginning
• The Virtual life: Kids solve their problems, as if it were a game